Whether it’s downloading videos in a batch or saving large files one at a time – you will need the best online video downloader that is both reliable and easy to use. Read on to find out which tool will suit your needs best.
|Movavi Screen Recorder||Recording any online video with system sound|
|SaveFrom.net||Downloading TikTok videos|
|Catchvideo.net||Saving videos to Android devices|
|Converto.io||Saving videos as audio files|
|AmoyShare’s Free YouTube Downloader||Downloading playlists|
|DistillVideo||Downloading video with a link on Linux devices|
|ClipConverter.CC||Downloading videos via a browser add-on|
|Video Grabber||Desktop downloads|
|Video Downloader Pro||Downloading video content from any website|
|Link Video Download||Downloading files from news sites and blogs|
|4K Download||Downloading videos without restrictions|
|VideoHunter||Extracting YouTube subtitles|
|ClipGrab||Downloading files to iPad and iPhone|
|Keepvid||Downloading HD YouTube videos|
|9Convert||Downloading videos in full HD|
|Ace Thinker||Saving short videos|
|Videodownloader||Downloading videos from many platforms and in many formats|
View all platforms Hide the table
Special pick: Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder allows users to record video and audio from their PC, Mac, laptop, or webcam in just a few clicks. It’s easy-to-use, with a simple interface and straightforward controls.
Movavi Screen Recorder is probably one of the best video downloaders, as it allows you to really capture anything that appears on your computer screen, including videos from various video hosting sites. The software also allows users to record only audio that can be useful for saving long webinars and lectures. Recordings can be edited and saved in all popular video and audio formats.
Best free online video downloaders
Best for: downloading TikTok videos
OS: browser extension
SaveFrom.net works directly in your browser and lets you download videos from a URL. It is a no-frills piece of software. Using this tool begins with copying and pasting the address of your video into the toolbar at the top of the page. From there, you click the arrow to proceed. You can download the media file either from the SaveFrom.net Helper or by downloading it in your browser. That said, if you use the SaveFrom.net Helper, you are able to download files in more formats than you would if you downloaded via your browser. The SaveFrom.net Helper also allows you to download video from a link in full HD or 4K, and you can use the SaveFrom.net Helper in browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
By using SaveFrom.net, you can download clips from some of the most popular video sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Reddit, and Facebook. SaveFrom.net also contains some helpful frequently asked questions, which you can access here.
- HD quality videos
- Free service
- Compatible with most browsers – Google Chrome extension available
- Can remove ads
- Partnered with iGram, StoriesIG, and more
- Can download high-quality videos
- Allows saving videos from many popular sites
- Has a lot of ads
Best for: saving videos to Android devices
OS: browser extension; YouTube HD video mixing: Windows only; Android app
Scamadviser rating: 4.5/5
Catchvideo.net, like SaveFrom.net, contains a simple toolbar where you can insert the link to any video from any site. After clicking the “Catch!” button, you have the ability to save your video in various forms, including MP4, WebM, or 3GP. Catchvideo.net also offers an extension for your browser so that you can download more quickly as you are browsing the internet. Catchvideo.net can help you get videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Daily Motion, and a wide range of additional video websites.
Catchvideo.net makes it clear, however, that videos subject to copyright (like Vevo videos and others containing music) cannot be fetched by using its tool. In addition, Catchvideo.net offers several other useful tools, including a Facebook downloader for Android, an Android utility to easily convert a URL to video and audio, and a tool for mixing HD YouTube videos (available on Windows and Linux). You can find more information on these other tools by visiting Catchvideo.net’s website.
- Android Share app
- YouTube video joiner
- Free service
- No installation on PC necessary
- File converter also available
- Free online video downloader for PC and macOS
- Allows downloading videos in various formats
- The highest supported video resolution is 720p
Best for: saving videos as audio files
OS: online service
Trustpilot rating: 3.1/5
Converto.io is one of the best free online video downloaders. It describes itself as “the easiest way to download and convert YouTube to MP3 or MP4.” Converto.io prides itself on its ease of use. All users need to do is copy a YouTube URL, paste it into Converto.io, and click the “Convert” button to get their video. Converto.io allows users to download and convert any YouTube video to MP3 or MP4 formats without having to download and install any special software. The service is also helpful in that you can edit the file name, ID3 tags, specific excerpts from the video, and the video quality before downloading. If you are saving a video in MP3 format, Converto.io also automatically adds album art to the file.
- Free service
- No software installation required
- Can edit name, ID3 tag
- Adjust video quality
- Album art available
- Available in 14 languages
- Very easy to use
- Can save files in MP4 and MP3 formats
- Too many ads on the website
Best for: downloading playlists
OS: Windows 7+, macOS 10.15+, Android
CNET rating: 4/5
Created by AmoyShare, Free YouTube Downloader is another web-based app. Here, users immediately see a toolbox where they copy and paste YouTube URLs. From there, users can play the video or save it directly to their computer. Free YouTube Downloader offers users a bevy of features and flexibility. While Free YouTube Downloader is clearly focused on YouTube, users can also get videos from anywhere – including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Offers various other tools
- Download in 4K or 1080p
- Unlimited downloads allowed on paid version
- Convert video to MP3
- Batch download a YouTube playlist
- Subtitle download
- Download while streaming
- Built in media player
- 3 times faster download than some other vendors (on paid version)
- Download 360° videos
- Free tech support
- Can download multiple clips from a YouTube playlist
- Allows downloading from many sites by link
- Downloads YouTube playlists to MP4 or MP3 files only
Best for: downloading videos via a browser add-on
OS: browser add-on (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Trustpilot rating: 2.5/5
ClipConverter.CC is a media downloading platform with a lot of options for you. Looking for a URL downloader? Here it is, right on the main page! Need a browser add-on? Here are the ones for Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. The app’s primary purpose is to download from YouTube. The list of formats includes both video and audio (MP3, M4A, AAC, MP4, 3GP, AVI, etc.). Its reliability and user-friendly interface is the website’s biggest advantage.
- Multiple formats
- Browser based
- Free service
- Multiple languages supported
- Provides a browser plugin
- Allows saving files in popular formats
- A problem with the conversion server may occur
Best for: desktop downloads
OS: Windows, browser
MyWot rating: 4.1/5
Video Grabber is incredibly easy to use, it allows you to download 720p footage without any payment, which may be just enough for those who prefer watching videos from smaller devices like phones and tablets. The website also has a very useful “how-to” section, which answers the majority of the questions you may face while using the platform. So, if you want something simple, this site may be just what you want.
- Compatible with most popular video sites
- HD video download
- Convert to different formats
- Screen recorder available
- Multiple languages supported
- Can grab videos from a lot of popular websites
- The service provides helpful guides
- Works too slow in some browsers
Best for: batch download
OS: browser extension (Chrome/Firefox)
MyWot rating: 2.5/5
Savethevideo.net is one of the best sites to download videos because it can be used on any device. The website is simple and easy to use, and it doesn’t require any registration. All you need to do is enter the URL of the video you want to download and then choose the format and resolution you want.
With just a single click, you can download videos from URLs from any popular site or app, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. Because it supports so many websites and platforms, you can be sure that there’s always a source of high-quality video content for you to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for the latest music videos or just want to keep up with your favorite influencers, Savethevideo.net has you covered.
- Batch download
- Online downloader
- No login or sign up required
- 29 supported platforms
- Multiple formats supported
- Available as a website and a browser plugin
- Simple and easy to use
- Allows downloading videos from many popular sites
- The browser add-on is only available for Chrome and Firefox
Best for: downloading video content from any website
OS: browser (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Chromium based)
Mozilla add-ons rating: 3.1/5
If you’re looking for a fast, easy, and reliable way to download your favorite videos and music from any website, try Video Downloader Pro. With just one click, you can download any video or audio file from any website, making it the ideal tool for anyone who wants to enjoy their favorite content offline.
The best part about the app is that it’s totally free to use, and there are no ads or registration required. So whether you're looking to save your favorite song for offline listening or want to grab a hilarious clip from YouTube to share with friends, Video Downloader Pro is the perfect solution.
- No installation required
- Most popular browsers supported
- Most popular devices supported
- 4K supported
- Unlimited downloads
- 9 languages supported
- Available as a website and a browser plugin
- Provides a helpful guide
- Doesn’t offer any video format alternatives
Best for: downloading files from news sites and blogs
OS: use in browser
Link Video Download is an Internet video downloader that has an easy-to-use interface, making downloading files a breeze. Just copy and paste the URL of the video or audio file you want to download, and the tool will do the rest. And best of all, the service is free and unlimited in use.
In addition to being a great video and audio downloader, Link Video Download also doubles as a conversion tool. Don’t worry about compatibility issues – it can handle any file type. So whether you're looking to download MP3, MP4, or any other audio or video file, Link Video Download can do it.
- Free tool
- Can download various formats
- Regularly expands and updates list of supported sources
- Free and unlimited in use
- Works as a converter as well
- May not be compatible with some websites
Best for: downloading HD YouTube videos
OS: Windows, Android
MyWot rating: 4.6/5
Keepvid is a powerful online website video downloader that can do many things for your collection. It can help you download a video from a link, upload to social media, and convert to MP3. Keepvid is also great for downloading Facebook videos. And if you're a music lover, Keepvid can be used to extract MP3 files from YouTube videos and play them offline – so you can enjoy your favorite tunes any time.
- MP4, MP3, 3GP formats supported
- No limit on downloaded files
- Web-based app available (Windows and Android)
- Download playlist
- Keep metadata
- Convert video to MP3 or MP4
- Album art and artist information included in downloads
- Compatible with PC, smartphones, and tablets
- Absolutely free and unlimited
- Works only with popular video hosting services
Best for: downloading videos in full HD
OS: Windows, iPhone, Android
ScamAdviser rating: 3.6/5
You can easily download thousands of YouTube videos in high quality formats with 9Convert. It is the fastest and most convenient way to download YouTube videos you will ever know. With just a few clicks, you can save videos and songs to your computer or mobile phone for offline viewing and listening. 9Convert supports downloading video and MP3 with the highest quality, so you can always enjoy your favorite videos and songs offline. Plus, it is free and unlimited to download, so you can always keep your library fresh.
- Download in MP3 or MP4
- Unlimited downloads
- Free service
- Can download in Full HD
- Many languages supported
- Free and unlimited downloads
- The interface is easy to use
- Works only with YouTube
Best for: saving short videos
OS: most browsers supported; Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
Trustpilot rating: 4.5/5
Ace Thinker is the ultimate free web video downloader for users who want to access content from a variety of different streaming services. It’s simple to use and allows you to download videos from any website online without any hassle. So whether you’re looking to catch up on your favorite shows or watch clips from your favorite bands, Ace Thinker has you covered. The best part is that there is no requirement to register or subscribe to use the service. You can download videos within any browser, including Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Safari.
- Batch downloads available
- HD quality supported
- Offers other tools too, including editor and converter
- No software installation
- No sign-up needed
- High speed thanks to advanced algorithm
- Compatible with all platforms and browsers
- Slow download speed
- Glitches in the interface
Best for: downloading video with a link on Linux devices
OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
Trustpilot rating: 3.7/5
DistillVideo is another app that you can use for free. Users simply copy and paste a video or audio URL into the toolbox and are led to a screen where they can download the target media file. From there, the video is presented in different formats, including MP4, WebM, and 3GP. You can also remove the sound from the video while processing. DistillVideo doesn’t require you to download any software to your computer. Everything is processed on the cloud, and DistillVideo does not contain any spyware. DistillVideo works on any browser, whether you are using Windows, Mac, or Linux. If you need help using DistillVideo, the creators have released a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions here.
- The website is very easy to navigate
- Allows removing sound from videos
- Supports converting videos with duration up to 16 minutes into an MP3 file
Best for: downloading videos from many platforms and in many formats
Videodownloader.club is a versatile online video downloader that’s free and supports numerous popular video destinations. With this powerful downloader, you can easily download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Instagram, BiliBili, and more with just a few clicks. In addition, it provides a wide range of video formats like MP4, MP3, MKV, and more for you to choose from according to your need. What’s more, this handy tool also allows you to select the video quality according to your need, from the lower quality level 144p up to 1080p Full HD.
- 24/7 tech support
- A wide range of video formats and quality levels are available
- The instructions on the page may be confusing and hard to read
Best URL downloader for desktop
Best for: downloading videos without restrictions
OS: Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Android
Trustpilot rating: 4.3/5
4K Download is a powerful tool for downloading videos from YouTube. With it, you can save full playlists and channels in high quality, various video or audio formats. You can also download your YouTube Mix, Watch Later, Liked videos, and private YouTube playlists. Plus, new videos from your favorite YouTube channels are downloaded automatically. And if you need subtitles or annotations, 4K Download can handle that too.
You can also use it to get around firewalls and restrictions at school or work. Activate the Smart Mode Feature to make downloads even easier and faster. And with 360° videos download and 3D video support, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy your favorite multimedia content.
- Download required
- Support team available
- Also offers other free apps
- Regular updates to apps
- Compatible with most popular websites
- Works on Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, and Android
- In-app proxy setup
- Saves video subtitles as well
- Many features are not available in the free version
Best for: extracting YouTube subtitles
OS: Windows, macOS, Android
Trustpilot rating: 4.1/5
VideoHunter is a desktop URL video downloader that offers a free trial. It can help you get the videos you need quickly and easily. With high-definition quality and support for downloading videos in bulk, VideoHunter is the ultimate tool for online video fans. Plus, a built-in proxy integration on Windows makes it easy to download videos anonymously and securely.
This downloader lets you save videos and music from over 1,000 sites in MP3, MP4 formats – perfect for enjoying on your computer or mobile device. Plus, with 1080p, 4K, and even 8K quality options available, you can be sure to get the best possible viewing experience.
- Can download playlists
- Output up to 8K
- Extract subtitles
- Batch downloads for faster speed
- Multi-thread downloads
- Built in proxy setup
- Require paid version for advanced features
- Downloads videos in bulk
- Built-in proxy integration on Windows
- The free version limits you to 6 single videos a day and the 480p quality
Best for: downloading files to iPad and iPhone
TechRadar rating: 4.5/5
ClipGrab is an easy way to download and convert online videos. Just copy any link of the video you want to download, click on “Grab this clip” and presto! The video will be downloaded and converted automatically. ClipGrab also converts downloaded videos to other popular formats – MPEG4, MP3, OGG Vorbis, OGG Theora, and WMV – so you can watch them on any device you like. With ClipGrab, there's no need to worry about complicated settings – it’s easy to use for anyone.
- Multiple websites supported
- Can convert to various file formats
- Free service
- Absolutely free
- Synchronizes with iTunes
- May not be compatible with some websites
Best for: speedy downloads
OS: Windows, macOS X
With Inovideo, you can easily download online videos from 50+ popular websites in MP4 or MP3 format with amazing output quality. Plus, Inovideo is fast and easy to use – simply click a few times, and your Internet video will be saved to your computer in no time.
What’s more, Inovideo can not only download music from certain websites, but can also extract audio from videos and save it as a separate file. So whether you want to watch a video offline or just listen to the audio, Inovideo has you covered.
- 1000+ websites supported
- Efficient even for 8K
- Download in bulk
- Download to MP3/MP4/WebM
- 15-day free trial version with limited capabilities
- Extracts audio from video
- Batch download is available
- The free version has limitations in number of downloads and video quality
How to choose the best video downloader
If you’re not sure which app or tool to use, take the following factors into consideration:
- Features: Make sure the video downloader you're using has the right features to suit your needs, such as the ability to download videos in bulk or support for downloading videos from sites that are not on the app’s list.
- Compatibility: Make sure the video downloader you're using is compatible with your operating system and devices.
- Ease of use: Consider how easy the video downloader is to use. Some video downloader sites have a learning curve, while others are very user-friendly.
- Pricing: If you want a free video downloader, make sure it doesn't have any hidden costs. If you're willing to pay for a video downloader, compare the prices of different apps and choose the one that offers the best value for money.
As you can see, there are plenty of great options if you want to download a video from a website online. There is definitely a tool out there that will suit your needs, whether you want an installable program or to use any video downloader online.
Frequently asked questions
Which is the best online video downloader?
There are a lot of great online video downloaders out there, but our top picks are:
- AmoyShare’s Free YouTube Downloader
If you are interested in other good options, you can check out the rest of our video downloader websites list.
How do I download a video from a website?
There are a few ways to download a video. You can use video download sites or desktop tools like Movavi Screen Recorder on your PC or Mac. First, select the capture area and start recording. If needed, you can edit and convert the recording afterwards.
How can I download a video from YouTube?
To download a YouTube video, you can use an online tool or desktop software. For more information, you can watch the overview of the best video downloaders below.
What is the safest online video downloader?
- SaveFrom.net – for Tiktok videos.
- Catchvideo.net – for Android users.
- AmoyShare’s Free YouTube Downloader – when downloading a playlist.
- Video Grabber – for desktop downloads.
- Ace Thinker – when working with short videos.
- 4K Download – because it’s one of the best free MP4 downloaders with unrestricted attempts.
- VideoHunter – when you need YouTube subtitles extracted.
Which video downloader extension is the best?
- Video Downloader Professional – when working on Chrome.
- The Flash Video Downloader – for support in multiple languages.
- Video Downloader Plus – best paid Premium service.
- Video Downloader by Skyload – when you need a built-in video player.
- Video Downloader Pro – for saving videos in the MP4 format.
- Video Downloader Ultimate – for downloading video in multiple files with different resolutions.
- Top Video Downloader – for its user-friendly interface.
What is the safest website to download videos?
- SaveFrom.net – when you want to download TikTok videos.
- Catchvideo.net – for safe downloads to Android devices.
- AmoyShare’s Free YouTube Downloader – for safe YouTube downloads.
- Video Grabber – safe for your desktop.
- 4K download – when you use YouTube as well as other sites.
Is Any Video Downloader safe?
Any Video Downloader should be safe if downloaded from the official website. Don’t download it from an unverified developer because some links may also direct you to other, unsafe, websites. Before downloading a tool or your first video, research a service provider’s reliability by reading reviews and make sure your device’s cyber-security features are up to date.
Is it illegal to download videos from the Internet?
You won’t necessarily get into trouble if you download a video from YouTube to watch it in private. However, YouTube does state that downloading its content is against their terms of service. It’s definitely in violation of copyright laws if you download content and use it for personal, financial gain.
Sign up for news and special offers